Thursday, September 4, 2008

test post (safely ignore)

I have a problem with Blogger's pingback/trackback functionality. The problem is simple: it usually doesn't work. Now that's a big trouble when you want to use pingbacks and trackbacks for promotional purposes.

Last time, I blogged about a post from a reputable blogger. My post was fairly important and I've linked to his one of posts. It has been more than a week and the link still didn't come up in his post's trackbacks.

This leads me to use wordpress to test things out and look for personal notes, especially about self-development.

I really need to test whether this is a problem with Blogger or is it just something related to akismet's policy on trackbacks. This is an important need. This is what made the web more social.

Anyway, let's see if Blogger has any bugs on it's trackback, pingback system.