Sunday, August 3, 2008

When Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site, the cause might be sitemeter

If you suddenly see this error when you want to reach your blog on blogspot, the first thing you have to check is whether you use sitemeter site statistics service on your blog.

This is what happened to my other blog moodr yesterday. I googled about it and I saw a post on Google Groups (about blogspot issues help group) and there was this suggestion. I removed sitemeter immediately and voila! My blog was back on Internet Explorer too.

Since you cannot reach your blog when using Internet Explorer, you have to either go to your dashboard which is blogger.com or to take the long way home, you can download and install Firefox. The second option will be a new era in your life if you haven't used Firefox before.

Anyway, now I don't use sitemeter on any of my blogs and I hope they will pay attention to solve this problem.